Thank you for visiting and indulging this testament to my narcissism.
My name is Ian Casselberry, and I'm a freelance writer. Currently, I'm an editor for The Comeback and Awful Announcing, and a baseball columnist for The Outside Corner. I'm also the managing editor for Comeback Media's pop culture site, The AP Party.
Previously, I contributed to Yahoo! Sports baseball blog, Big League Stew and a blogger for MLive.com's Detroit Tigers coverage, where I contributed a weekly column, compiled bi-weekly daily links posts, and helped moderate live game blogs.
In 2014, I covered the Asheville Tourists baseball team and its South Atlantic League championship run for Ashvegas (while also providing some local movie reviews).
This website is intended to be a place where people can keep track of my current writing and social media ramblings. It's also an archive of my previous work.
At the top of the page, you can find links to a short bio, my current personal blog, and my Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Below, you can find links to my latest articles and five recent personal blog posts.
Once again, thank you for clicking over. I will try my best to keep things interesting enough to compel you to check back regularly.
THE COMEBACK - Recent Posts:
- For The Night Of finale, the people's choice is... the cat?
- Justice League Dark is a baffling project for Warner Brothers and Doug Liman
- Mr. Robot season 2, episode 8 recap: There's no turning back
- Hell or High Water turns cops and robbers into one of 2016's best movies
- Kubo and the Two Strings deserves to be the summer blockbuster champion
- 10 things we'll remember from the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics
- The Night Of episode 7 recap: Ordinary Death
AWFUL ANNOUNCING - Recent Posts:
- Going off-topic is when SNY Mets trio of Cohen, Darling and Hernandez shines brightest
- Greater Media suspends three 97.5 The Fanatic employees for fake black caller scandal
- Warriors leaving KNBR after 32 years for FM station, flagship status
- FS1 debuts promo for Skip and Shannon Undisputed, with Bayless arguing at movies
- WATCH: John Oliver skewers Ryan Lochte on Last Week Tonight
- Univision paying Gawker's Nick Denton $16,666 in non-compete agreement
- A Varsity Blues TV show? CMT wants to make it happen
THE OUTSIDE CORNER - Recent Posts:
- Stephen Strasburg's trip to DL revives ghosts of Nationals' 2012 shutdown
- Releasing Alex Rodriguez finally makes Yankees Hal Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman's team
- Getting Aroldis Chapman settles season-long question for Cubs, boosts club morale
- Cubs' recent struggles show grind of season, but also highlight concerns
- Yankees make Alex Rodriguez platoon player, trying to jumpstart playoff hopes
- Hell or High Water
- Kubo and the Two Strings
- War Dogs
- Sausage Party
- Suicide Squad
- Batman: The Killing Joke
TV/POP CULTURE RECAPS
CASSELBLOGGY - Recent Posts:
- The week's writes and reads, 04-17-16
- The last 10 films I've seen
- Cooking and eating: Edward Lee's collard greens and kimchi
- My first Daredevil comic book
- My 2015 MLB predictions
- My new low-carb life
- Journalist David Walsh on Lance Armstrong
- Stephen Frears, The Program director
- Turner Sports' Ernie Johnson
- SNY Mets broadcast team
- Colorado Rockies prospect David Dahl
- Pittsburgh Pirates' Andrew McCutchen
- Hall of Famer George Brett
- Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith